1.14.2013

2013. embrace.

2012's post on this topic. which includes linkies to previous years as well.

i think last year's word was a great choice. i still find myself making more conscious decisions. hoping that it sticks with me this year and doesn't get lost because i'm choosing a new one. :)

at first, i wasn't too sure of this word. but over the last week, it's really grown on me. so i'm hoping it is the right choice. well, i guess there is no wrong answer to this, right?

embrace. {thank you webster.}

Definition of EMBRACE

transitive verb
1
a : to clasp in the arms : hug
b : cherish, love
3
a : to take up especially readily or gladly <embrace a cause>
b : to avail oneself of : welcome <embraced the opportunity to study further>
4
a : to take in or include as a part, item, or element of a more inclusive whole <charity embraces all acts that contribute to human welfare>
b : to be equal or equivalent to <his assets embraced $10>

3 is the one that really hits home for me. 'to accept gladly or readily'. this is so not me.  i'm not a big fan of change.

so in 2013, to embrace my role as a parent, wife, nurse, daughter, friend, and all those titles i've forgotten.  i hope to embrace change. and of course any sorts of hugs from loved ones is always appreciated. especially two cute boys. :)

some pretties to go with my word. {i love pinterest.}


i think i need this print. source.  love that it has just be. be was my word a few years ago.

source.

source.

No comments: