4.05.2006

public service announcement...

because i love you all...
and i'm not saying that any of you have a mustache...

so today at work, i have a patient, younger patient, and she has screaming blue eye shadow on. i mean, like mimi from the drew carey show blue. so as i'm drawn to this crazy, one inch thick eye make up i notice she has a mustache. now i know some people have a light hairline above their lip. but this was serious! like young boy i can finally grow some hair on my lip thin line mustache...
i'm not sure if she was trying to distract me from looking at the mustache by painting her lids with baby blue paint but it just drew my attention to her entire face leading to the mustache.
and you can't tell me that she didn't know she had a mustache. i mean, if you are paying that much attention while applying 30 minutes of eyeshadow to EACH lid, you know you darn well look at your entire face. so i know you see that mustache!

my psa:one may think that bright blue eyeshadow would divert attention away from one's mustache... that i would be sucked into the craziness and not be able to focus on anything but. well, i'm here to assure you it doesn't. that crazy blueness just makes me want to examine your entire face. to see what other crazy makeup you have going on. so i am going to find and notice your mustache. so if you do have a mustache. maybe try something a little more subtle. :0)

i promise a detailed post is soon to come on double solitaire. i am going to have a tutorial with pictures. i would love to share a video. we shall see...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG... so hilarious! Thanks for the laugh (and the PSA... I'll keep it in mind).

Liz

Meredith said...

I also have a female patient with a moustache. It is a full, thick, "any man would be proud to have it" moustache. It fascinates me every time she comes in and I try SO hard not to stare at it. It seems rather well kept though, so she must be proud of it. So odd!

Stacey said...

Gotta love that blue eye shadow!! Very funny story!

Kache said...

Remind me to stay away from the blue eyeshadow!

TracyDacy said...

A girl I used to go to high school with has a mustache and bit of a beard too. She's fully gray too. I think she's turning into Santa.

Heather said...

rofl- I never understand those that don't/won't take care of the chickstache!

Unknown said...

"chickstache" ROTFLMAO!!

Jaime said...

LOL "Chickstache"!

Well, why she is asleep-take some wax to that baby!

Unknown said...

ROFL at Tracy!!! So funny, Shan!

Breana said...

OMGOSH just saw this...too funny!