4.10.2006

netflix.

nick and i are usually horrible at sitting down to watch a movie. well, at least i used to think that. i've come to the conclusion that we just dislike driving to the movie store to look for the latest and greatest {which are usually sold out}. we aren't the busiest people in the world. but could come close to laziest couple. if given a choice between nothing and something. 90% of the time nothing wins! so taking the time to drive to the store to pick out some movies then drive back there to return it... doesn't rank high on our to do list.
a few months ago we signed up for netflix. was totally leary. i mean, could this really work? can it be that easy? so we bit the bullet and signed up. {can't beat a free trial!}
we are beyond pleased. sometimes there are delays in getting your movies. that whole lawsuit thing can sometime ring true. but really is it the end of the world if i get a movie a day later than anticipated. i mean, seriously, we don't watch all three movies in a sitting! and they do have great customer service. both times i have had scratched, unplayable dvds, i have received replacements in 1-2 business days....
oh and i love that i can save movies to my queue that aren't out on video yet. that nick and i can sit here and look at what is out at the threaters and save them, that way when they are released i can move them to the top of my list and not forget about them! so much easier than the $20 for tickets and popcorn!
gosh enough of the free advertising, huh?
the post started with me talking about some good movies we have seen lately. derailed. crash. i haven't seen brokeback mountain, and i'm not sure that i will... darn nick. but seriously, i can see why crash won the oscar for best picture. ranks right up there with american history x. love that movie. not just cuz ed norton's a hottie. truly great movie. we made my brother watch it and feel that it something that everyone should see...
anyone got some good movie suggestions? i would love to hear your favorites! silly, serious, whatever. and can i say, honestly... wedding crashers could be my new favorite funny movie. it just gets better with each viewing. :)
oh and krystn. i'm not a reader learner either. come on down and i'll teach ya!!

6 comments:

Heather said...

I love wedding crashers too! So funny! Started watching crash, but couldn't finish- wasn't in the right frame of mind for it. SO weird though- I compared AHX too.

Kache said...

LOL!
I'll start driving now, but do I have to mention that I suck at driving directions too?

I *heart* Netflix too. That way I don't feel guilty about renting things like a couple episodes of Friends just so I can watch the bloopers reel, I *heart* bloopers as well...
A fairly recent movie I thought was pretty cute, Casanova with Heath Ledger. One I would not recommend? National Treasure with Nicolas Cage.

Jaime said...

I wish we were the kind of "sit down and watch a movie people". We have to go to the theatre or one or the both of us ends up getting up and finding something around the house to do (usually it's me on the computer). :)

Rystn mentioned National Treasure-I actually liked that movie.

Anonymous said...

Netflix rocks! Been a member for years. But with DH on 12 hour days we aren't moving them as fast as I normally like. Love Brit & Indie films best. You can even find some good British sitcoms to rent. My favs lately had been Viva Blackpool (a mini series/musical, rockin' tunes so cool), Wallace & Grommit and Corpse Bride...love Nick Parks & Tim Burton!

Unknown said...

Wow, did Netflix actually pay you to write that in your blog?! ;) Just kidding! If Steve and I had more time to sit and watch movies, I would so sign up...maybe one of these days!

Brandy said...

I love Netflix too, getting caught up on my Jake Gyllenhaal stuff right now. His body is as hot in "Jarhead" as Ed Norton's was in "American History X" and past that the plot doesn't even matter.