3.17.2006

disowned...

so my mom. she's quite the original. maybe eccentric would be a more appropriate word. i'm not sure. sometimes she is just plain ole weird!
now i remember when i was younger that my mom would decorate our food depending on the holiday. we had yellow, pink, blue, and green pancakes on easter. our mashed potatoes were green on st. patrick's day. and everytime she makes a favorite dip of ours it is shaped for the occasion: birthdays, christmas, 4th of july. she's a hoot.
well, last night i was cooking for our pot luck at work today. gasp, yes, i said cook. okay fine, it was baking. i had already made the grape salad and i wanted to make something festive. yes, i am more like my mom that i care to admit at times! so i decided on these cute little cupcakes. nick had gone shopping with a list i had given him on monday. usually it never fails that i leave a major ingredient off of the list and this time was no different. i forgot the effing food coloring. hello, dork. you wanted green cupcakes. it's about 10 pm. so what does shannon do... call her mom! my dad is cracking up when i tell him i need foodcoloring. says he'll check and call me back. surprise, surprise. mom has not one but TWO packages of food coloring. i hop in the car and drive the two miles to get it. as soon as i walk in, my dad says that mom is ashamed. that i should be disowned for being her daughter and not having food coloring in my house! mom kinda shook her head and laughed.
how funny is she? cutest ever and my dad he was in rare form. just kept egging her on. it was great. cupcakes came out well. kinda bummed that i didn't have real key limes and had to settle for the juice. i'm thinking that the real limes and the zest will make it so much tastier. might make it as my dish for easter... if keylimes are out and about! anywho. hope everyone has a fantabulous st. patty's day!

3 comments:

Breana said...

How funny! I'm sure your cupcakes we're yummy!

TracyDacy said...

Sounds like you have an awesome mom, even is she's on the verge of disowning you!

Anonymous said...

you are just too cute. and I SO want to meet your parents. :)