2.16.2006

rock, paper, scissors...

is one of our favorite games. we always use it to decide whatever it is we are deciding: who picks dinner, who drives home, who serves first in volleyball. and heck, sometimes just because! if any of you are closet rock, paper, scissor freaks i hope you enjoy it as much as i did... gotta love random, funny emails! oh and pardon the language. i didn't write it, i promise! you can probably tell by the capital letters. :o)

I understand that Scissors can beat Paper, and I get how Rock can beat Scissors, but there's no fucking way Paper can beat Rock. Paper is supposed to magically "wrap round" Rock, rendering it immobile? Why the hell can't paper do this to Scissors? screw scissors, why can't paper do this to people? Why arent sheets of notebook paper constantly suffocating students as they attempt to take notes in class? I'll tell you why - BECAUSE PAPER CANT BEAT ANYBODY! Rock would tear that shit up in 2 seconds. When I play rock/paper/scissors I always choose rock. Then when somebody claims to have beaten me with their paper, I punch them in the face with my already clenched fist and say "Oh, I'm sorry - I thought paper would protect you, asshole"

5 comments:

Stacey said...

hee, hee...made me giggle. I've done that mexican food thing for a week too....yummmy!

Meredith said...

You know why, right? 'Cause rock is so STUPID. Hence the phrase "Dumb as a Rock". It gets under that darn paper and freaks out. Has a heart attack or something. Who knows? Paper rules! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Love it - thanks for the smile - we are a rock, paper, scissors family, although the kids play it more in German 'Stein, Papier, Schaerer' and it's used by us all as a decider plus how to use time waiting for a train.
Could never understand the paper thing either - but in the big picture - paper rules : ))

Anonymous said...

LOL! You are a hoot!

carmen

Unknown said...

ROTFLMAO! So flippin' true about the rock, paper, scissors!