5.31.2006

what was i thinking?!

i am soooo not a morning person. always been a night owl. had to set the alarm to make sure i was up in time for the 3-11 shift. sad, i know. and you would think that after three years of days at my current job i would be all set. nope. still have those late night tendencies. those early morning grunts to my cheery coworkers after countless good mornings...
so why on earth would my silly self volunteer to come in any earlier? because i'm a twit that's why.
our office hours are 8-5ish. but a few people get there early {7:30} to open the office: clear off faxes, run the cbc machine, finish paperwork... me, i am draggin my sorry self in with minutes to spare. now when my manager is off, i take her place and fill in those hours but that's only for a week and it about kills me!
today i kinda made some smart butt shannon comment and said that i would probably regret this and then proceeded to offer to come in early to pick up someone else's hours. doh. my boss was thrilled and said yes. well, come to find out she knows i'm not a big morning person and was already planning on asking me to do this. so me volunteering made her job easier!
now i know a half an hour might not seem sooo drastic. but seriously. i love to sleep. this doesn't really go into effect until july. so i have a month of late mornings. my boss if off next week, so i'll get my trial run and then have a bit of a rest.
it's kinda funny how when i started i dreaded being there at 9. now i wish i could sleep that late!

10 comments:

Brandy said...

Lazy bum -j/k!

Unknown said...

I know what you mean. Geesh, being at work at 6am on the weekends just kills me, seriously.

Jill Felker said...

Good luck--I used to be a morning person and these days I about beat the clock when the alarm goes off.

Kache said...

I am right there with you Shannon...hate mornings. I used to try to avoid my co-workers first thing in the morning, so I wouldn't do them bodily harm :)

Anonymous said...

I'm a morning person myself. But, I've been known to have a few late nights too.

Good luck!
carrie

Heather said...

I've always been a morning person... but I can be a serious night owl too... these days sleeping until 8 is sleeping in! lol

Colleen said...

SOOOoooo not a morning person either. My best accomplishment in the a.m. is effectively hitting the snooze button. I'm an expert on that... should enter a contest.

Hope you get into the groove and it becomes easier.

Stacey said...

I am the exact same way. Getting up in the morning is the hardest thing I do every day. I hate it!!!

Jaime said...

I'm the EXACT same way. I wish I was one of those that got up and got everything one in the morning, so I could have more hours in my day...but it never happens. I'm usually a few minutes late to work...everyday!!

Anonymous said...

I'm last, doing catch up ; )

But totally know what you mean I had to get up 30 minutes earlier this morning to get Maddi ready for her school trip - she had to be at school at 7.30 - she was bright as a button - I was not at my best LOL