4.16.2009

daytime tv...

stinks.
not sure i could be a stay at home mom. well, i'm sure it would be different when mr. ben is mobile and more awake and playful. but right now, i cannot handle daytime tv.
oprah has had boring episodes this week. must be her serious week. which blows.
the price is right is okay. drew is no bob but he isn't that bad of a host.
ellen is my only other must watch. sometimes bonnie hunt since she's on before then...
thank god for tivo/comcast dvr. been living on throwdown with bobby flay, challenges on food network, ace of cakes, the duel 2 on mtv, hooray for a new season of deadliest catch, mythbusters, dirty jobs, food detectives and iron chef america. dude, i'm apparently in love with food network and discovery!
then there's my nightly favorites. well, two. around the horn and pti. and yay for sportscenter now running new episodes during the day!
thinking that i should have mister fussbucket's schedule figured out by the end of this week. hoping to make my way into my scrapbooking room and start working on some ben projects!
that and the weather is warmer, so i see some walks and field trips on our agenda! ;o)

6 comments:

Colleen said...

Couldn't agree with you more about daytime tv! Awful. Bonnie Hunt airs at 2 AM in our area so that stinks; I really like her show. When I was home with walking pneumonia, I was bored to tears (although the tears may have had more to do with the pain rather than lack of good tv).

Fortunately, the weather should be improving for you to be able to head out for some walks!

amy said...

I remember days where I'd be sitting on the sofa nursing and before I knew it it was time to nurse again and I hadn't even left the sofa since the last time! I used to record Letterman or Leno and watch it- didn't have satellite then! Now I think I'd be watching pretty much the same things you watch- we're always watching Discovery or Food Network.

Hang in there- it will get more tolerable and that little guy will be your entertainment!

Amy

Carrie said...

I agree about daytime tv! We have, like 200 channels, and I can never find anything I like, when I'm home during the day, which is rare.

Monica said...

I hear you about daytime TV. I got totally hooked on the soaps. it took me years to get over it! LOL!

Brandy said...

um, hello tivo?! i don't remember daytime tv being the issue, it was 3 am tv. i watched so much mtv -- it was all ludacris and my chemical romance and some other videos over and over every night.

ps, mister fussbucket has no schedule. as soon as you think you have it, he will enjoy it. have a blast!

Kache said...

I like Bonnie Hunt too, caught it a couple times on my day off...
What the heck is around the horn & pti??