7.27.2006

hey baby...

everyone sing along. ;o) why must all my titles be songs? i'm a music nut i guess!

lots going on here. my friend had her baby monday. it's a girl. jade alexis. 6lbs. 11oz. 18 inches. she's cute as heck! teeny, tiny! nick had the enjoyment of holding her during the visit. was kinda freaked out that he was getting a baby that was 'so new!' he did great. complained of a stiff arm tho!
tuesday was birthday dinner night with the family. his dad's side. house of kobe. their favorite. kinda hard getting together with 9 people. only got to really visit with a few. good times nonetheless.
yesterday and today. lazy days. resting up for the weekend. gonna head to st. louis for a volleyball tournament. should be interesting given the fact that none of us have played yet this summer. well, four of us did and about died. too old for 2 on 2. hoping sixes will be better! supposed to be hot and humid. shannon dislikes physical activity. let alone combining that with hot and humid! a road trip with at least 4 other friends anticipating a lot of laughs, awesome memories! albiet sweaty ones!
mom's been calling about the vegas trip. asking what to pack. she's a hoot. nick asked if i was the mom! it's just they {my parents} haven't flown since my brother. so almost 22 years. always traveled via rv. easier to pack that way! gotta work out some of those details. looking forward to it. anyone have any must see/do's for vegas? i tivo'd some food network specials. looking for the freebies/cheepies!

6 comments:

Brandy said...

First come love, then comes marriage, then comes Nick craving a baby carriage...just look at him

Heather said...

rofl I was thinking the same thing Brandy!


Gotta go check out Kahunaville- it's over at Treasure Island. They have world famous bartenders that perform with all those cool drink tricks all night while they're serving everyone. Great drinks, and I love the food too. We usually eat in the restuarant area, and then hang out in the bar for a while after.
I think Blue Man group would be up your alley- you might want to go online now and see if there's any tickets available for it. I can't remember if you've been to Vegas before, so if you know these already, just delete ;)
Cheap blackjack is great in Old Vegas- take a taxi. My favorite for slots is the Bellagio. Oh, and the Margaritaville is VERY fun!

Have a blast! Brent and I used to go at least twice a year- haven't been since I got pregnant with Miss Megs.

Anonymous said...

In Veags, go to Fremont Street, at night. Online you should be able to see who's playing on street. The overhead light show is a must, different every time. Good gambling at the Golden Gate downtown. Check out Binon's and Golden Nugget for history. Main Street Station has a good buffet. Definitely go to Paris, the Venetian, M&M World. Oh I could go on. email me if you want more. Online is where we found all the freebie stuff to do, at every hotel, and did just about all of them the first time!

Carrie

Breana said...

nick looks like a natural! lol!

we ate at Emerill's at MGM and it was so yummy! We got the dinner for 2 and you get like 6 mini dinners (YUM) and 2 desserts for like $80 so yummy! I love maragrittaville too...FUN! HTH!

TracyDacy said...

You know I've gotta chime in too on how naturally dad-ish Nick looks. I'm sure you look just as mom-ish Shan :-)

Unknown said...

Nick does look like a natural! I've never been to Vegas, so I can't help you there, but Steve's been a couple of times for bachelor parties. I don't think you want to ask him what he'd recommend....