7.05.2006

blame it on the rain...

alright. who is signing milli vanilli now? honestly, i liked don't forget my numba... bahbahbabababy... i don't know the name of the song. but i will admit to owning the tape!
anywho. we didn't make it to the taste. no chicago fireworks for me. on my list of things to do someday! stupid rain. that and nick had to go into work on monday. the weather was horrendous. wasn't sure if we were going to be able to see any fireworks at all. the weather did cooperate and we were able to see another firework show. spent some time with his aunt and uncle. good times.
tuesday we hit the pool at my parent's. i'm officially burned. stinko. sigh, i will learn someday... or maybe at least remember to reapply! spent a nice evening in... sorta. nick decided he wanted to do his own fireworks. fireworks scare the bejesus out of me. yes, they are fun to watch. but i don't want my loved ones around them. crazy, i know.
so the boys went and got fireworks. was freakin chilly. had me some hot chocolate while watching the boys. i think they had a good time. they made a ginormous mess! nick had to clean up the neighbors yard this afternoon! and i need to put this 'in writing' nick has stated that it is no longer as fun as it used to be. that fireworks are not worth the money. so i can pull this up as proof next year when he has the urge to buy some. bugger didn't even buy me sparklers, pagodas, or anything amusing for my inner kiddo.
got lots of stuff coming up the next few days. debating dinner with nick's dad's side. might make this a weekly thing. they crack us up. apparently, after last week... it has been determined that nick's dad is a dilf. yes as in milf... but dad. who can pass that funniness up? work {holiday weeks suck!}, bachelorette party, bridal shower, family visiting from out of town. oy. here's hoping that i don't have bags the size of saucers under my eyes by monday! i'm a wimp, i know! ;o)

6 comments:

Kache said...

I was trying to concentrate on your post but couldn't get past the reference to you being "chilly and drinking hot chocolate". I wonder if I whipped a shoe at you from here if it would hit you :-D

That's too bad about the big fireworks! No sparklers??

Anonymous said...

I had some sparklers for you Shannon! Really big ones too :)

And we were very chilly too on the fourth, needed us some hot chocolate too.

Carrie

Unknown said...

Bummer about the lack of sparklers. Our fireworks got rained out, too. And, yes, I will admit to owning that tape as well. That song immediately popped in my head when I read your title, before I even started reading your post. Shameful.

Brandy said...

It is constantly raining here too, yuck. I have some sparklers here, I will burn them in your honor (inside the garage since it is raining)

TracyDacy said...

Can't help but smile at the visual of you sipping hot chocolate in July. It's been cooling down nicely in the evenings here too. I love it tho - good snuggle sleeping weather!

Tracey said...

I know about the rain, it rained here too up until it started getting dark and then it stopped and the fireworks went off with a hitch.