6.30.2010

june 2010 photo hunt challenge

i did it!


some were trickier than others. hello, i don't use photoshop! i think i might need to take lessons or something. and some i wanted to post more than one!!

here we go!  ;-)

1. hilarious out takes {silly jason trying to ruin all of our pictures!}


2. creative crop {who doesn't love chubby, sandy ben feet?}


3. sunflare {my new favorite thing to photograph!}


4. sweet dreams {ben again.}


5. work {my desk.}


6. play {yay volleyball!}


7. cookout/picnic {at tom and jen's rehearsal dinner. so cute!}


8. transportation {my bike!}


9. money/currency {ben's coins from his play piggy bank.}


10. a fountain {so bummed i couldnt't get buckingham fountain!}


11. nightscene {bonfire love.}


12. b & w with selective coloring {um, i don't use photoshop. lucky i had this picture or this category would be blank!}


13. something old {reminded me of alice in wonderland!}


14. something new {aw, baby duckies!}


15. something borrowed {ben's new playground. thank you brandee!}


16. something blue {wind farm... i am obsessed!}


17. something musical {karaoke! maybe not the best picture but great memories.}


18. something purple. {love this dude.}


19.  something yellow {these so remind me of summer here in indiana.}


20. something scenic {the view of lake michigan from lake shore drive in chicago.}

19 comments:

Samara Link said...

Hi, Shannon from the midwest. It's so nice to see Lake Michigan. People who have never been to the area have no idea what they're missing. I'm from Michigan (in Arizona now) and it always makes me a touch homesick to see photos from home. So, I really liked your something scenic. I thought you were very clever with your BW with selective color considering what you had to work with. Well played! I also liked your karaoke even though it's moving. It's cool! one of my favs is your creative crop. Super cute. Good job!!

Samara Link said...

p.s. And also, that's cool that you got that wind farm photo. Where was it taken? I went to the first one in Arizona (and only, so far). It's so cool to be up close to them! I think they're beautiful and the people on the east coast who are trying to block having them put in need to get over it. I think they actually add to the view!

Desiree said...

I can't pick a favorite b/c then I'd have to list them all. I love all your photos! Very nice! :)

Nikki said...

Love the Play! it is so creative. Beautiful Pics, I am also in the Michgan area:)

Ashley Sisk said...

There is such a raw beauty to your photos - because there is no photoshopping, your photos are simply as they were intended. Believe it or not, my favorite is the something musical because of the movement. Great photos, and thanks for stopping by.

ShutterNinja said...

I love your cropping! My favorite pic has to be the money one! So cute!

Liz Goldhawk said...

So awesome, Shannon... I think I need to play along with this challenge next time. I haven't been taking enough photos lately... I think my fave is: play or something blue...

Kache said...

Way to go completing this! They seem easy after looking at your photos, but I don't think I could have come up with half of them :)

Christy said...

I love the money, super cute! If you don't use photoshop b/c you don't have it; have you heard of Picnik? It's free and is a wonderful editing site! It's what I use!

Loved all your creative shots!

Jules said...

Love the wind farm picture! My uncle is getting ready to have those put on his farm in Ohio. Love your scenic picture too. You did a really great job on all of them using creative ideas such as Ben's play money. :o)

Always Faith said...

love your shots!! you've got a great collection! My fav was the sunflare and play but they are all great! Thanks for stopping by mine, too! =)

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping at my blog!

I think my favorite of all your photos is the wind farm - the colors are so vibrant! I also love the shadow in the play photo. Great job!

Kristi said...

Currency and fountain are great and I love the purple dude! NIce job!

Ang said...

great job on the hunt! I love your musical picture and how it captures people and their expressions! Too fun!

Alita said...

Wind farm... what a great shot!

Colleen said...

I don't even know where to start. Phenomenal job with this, Shan! Love your take on all of these. I agree with Rystn... you make it look easy but I couldn't have come up with the ones you did! I think the "most clever" award goes to the coins. LOVE IT and so depicts your life right now.

kayerj said...

I love day lilly's too--beautiful shot. Your fountain is my favorite fountain shot out of all I've seen and those chubby little feet all covered with sand--so yummy :) Your overall results were very nice

Anonymous said...

great photos...love your takes on the themes...i think i like those chubby feet the best...& the b&w w.colour.

Unknown said...

I love them, Shan! Can't even tell you don't use photoshop on some of them! You've inspired me to try the next one!