7.09.2009

an exercise spurt...

totally having one this week.
started with us wogging on monday. {walking + jogging = wogging} doing some interval training. working our way to something. unsure what pace it will be... jog/run. whatever. just getting out and being healthy and active.
wogged again on tuesday.
wednesday was sand volleyball. first time in years! wasn't sure how good i would do. apparently, it's like riding a bike. might even have done a little better. being a student of the game for the indoor season at the 'y' seemed to have helped.
thought my legs would have been noodles today. i mean six games?! playing mostly as the setter. and deciding to start wogging the same week. oof. nope, my arms hurt worse than my legs. even have some little baby red spots on the arms. it's sexy. and my legs? don't get me wrong they were sore. if i had to squat a lot there would have been trouble. even felt good enough to go for another wog!
stopped and got some new shoes.

they are awesome. so comfy. and so cute! ;o)
was a little nervous since i tend to have ankle pains after running. nick took me to fleet feet. awesome. love their sister store... trek. got my lime there a few years ago. speaking of, we're getting a little buggy to pull on our bikes. looking forward to hitting the trail! the sales lady was sooo helpful. explained my wonderful ankle history. she measured the heck out of my feet. arches included. pulled out three pair and let me have my pick. felt a bit silly running around the store... but so worth it.
we did good this evening. my feet felt great. can't believe what a difference a shoe makes! hoping to keep up the momentum. hoping that nick and i can motivate one another. that and it helps that beaner LOVES when we jog! always has a little giggle/coo for us when we go from walking to jogging! i think he likes to feel the wind in his face! :o)

No comments: