9.06.2006

back to school...

errr. the gym. since i gave myself a summer break from the gym and the kiddos are all back in school, thought i should drag my sorry self to the gym.
was bored with the old routine. wanted to do something different. going to try the couch to 5k program. probably will tweak it and make it my own. kinda nervous to start running. had my ankle reconstructed a few years ago. been released and given the okay for ages. just scared and it doesn't always feel right. i don't know how professional peeps do it. especially those football players. scary.
anywho. today was day one. didn't to to shabby. i suck at running. seriously. was thinking i would do the phoebe running thru the park episode on friends . okay, not really. but still thought i might look a fool!
did 25 minutes. did 5 extra minutes. it was probably more walking than running tho. i just keep telling myself baby steps. and that would be why i didn't do weights today either just abs. i'm sure my legs will be noodles for the next few days. didn't want to have the entire body aches again. so next week will be cardio and weights {abs too!}. really liked being on the track and not in the gym. always feels like a meat market. the track is way more private. nice.
contemplating a bodybugg. thanks stacey. not sure tho. i really like my food. might have a heart attack if i saw what i ate... but i have kinda adjusted my eating habits. still trying...
and in theory, if i just added exercise and still at the same, i should weigh less. well, depending on muscle. ;-) but honestly, i just want to feel healthier. don't get me wrong, what girl doesn't want to lose a few pounds, but it would feel great to know i could run three miles!
so anyone got any running tips for this lazy heffalump?
oh and i'm totally thinking i need a new watch. this second hand while bouncing/running up and down is ridiculous!

7 comments:

Kache said...

You're making me feel even more lazy...dagnammit.
I'm totally picturing you as Phoebe now!

Stacey said...

25 minutes your first time is awesome!! I'm lucky if I make that now and I've been running for awhile =).

Heather said...

okay, I cracked up at just the thought of Phoebe running.... and I have no tips since I. hate. running.

Unknown said...

Shoot, you're making me feel like a big loser...a big fat loser, that is. Just reading that made me tired. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm tired just reading. I'm with Heather, I.hate.running.

But kudos for getting back at it. Good luck!

Carrie

Brandy said...

Look at me, I am healthy and do good for things for my body. Thanks for reminding my how much I suck.

Breana said...

good for you Shan, for making the choice to do this, i feel like a lazy bum now! ;)